PDA

View Full Version : Lubuntu Grub installation

4l3x2
December 14th, 2016, 08:39 PM
Good evening.

I'm installing Lubuntu on an Asus EeePc of a friend of mine.
Since it is exactly the same model I already have and where I installed Lubuntu I was sure that I'd never get any problem, but at the end of installation I get an error message saying that was not possible to install Grub and choose a different location or leave the system without a bootloader.
I tried to search online for informations and I found thatit is a common issue, so I made several attempts to solve it.
Nothing worked.
I tried boot-repair, a reinstallation of grub, a change in bios configuration for the hard disk options, I even tried some boot options suggested by users from different forums (from this forum too, obviously).

Please, if someone had this issue and solved it, try to suggest me something :frown:

yancek
December 14th, 2016, 09:28 PM
So where did you try to install Grub? The system partition, the MBR, an EFI partition? If you used boot repair you should post a link to the output when you run Create BootInfo Summary. Not enough info without that.

4l3x2
December 28th, 2016, 11:13 AM
She asked me to install classic Ubuntu, instead of Lubuntu, despite of low performances, it worked fine at the first attempt.
I really don't know why this happened, I had to give her back the netbook in order to study.
Thanks anyway.