PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] plasma cannot be run

Shura0
December 6th, 2016, 07:43 AM
Hi, Everything worked well, but once it broke with no reason. Now plasmashell cannot be run, when I try to start it in terminal, it prints out:

kscreen: Primary output changed from KScreen::Output(Id: 575 , Name: "DVI-I-3" ) ( "DVI-I-3" ) to KScreen::Output(Id: 575 , Name: "DVI-I-3" ) ( "DVI-I-3" )
org.kde.plasma: unversioned plugin detected, may result in instability
No metadata file in the package, expected it at: "/home/shura/Изображения//metadata.desktop"
No metadata file in the package, expected it at: "/home/shura/Изображения//metadata.desktop"
kscreen: Primary output changed from KScreen::Output(Id: 575 , Name: "DVI-I-3" ) ( "DVI-I-3" ) to KScreen::Output(Id: 575 , Name: "DVI-I-3" ) ( "DVI-I-3" )
Failed to create OpenGL context for format QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags(), depthBufferSize 24, redBufferSize -1, greenBufferSize -1, blueBufferSize -1, alphaBufferSize 8, stencilBufferSize 8, samples -1, swapBehavior 2, swapInterval 1, profile 0)
Application::crashHandler() called with signal 6; recent crashes: 1
/usr/bin/plasmashell --crashes 1 &
KCrash: crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = plasmashell path = /usr/bin pid = 6627
KCrash: Arguments: /usr/bin/plasmashell
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexec/drkonqi from kdeinit
sock_file=/run/user/1001/kdeinit5__0

(process:6638): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
Using the fallback 'C' locale.

(plasmashell:6627): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: inotify read(): Bad file descriptor
[1] 6627 trace trap (core dumped) plasmashell

Driver is Nvidia, video card is GeForce 710. If I try to run plasma under 'root' user it works well. Also I have tried to create new user and run plasma with no success. Seems like it's permissions issue, but I do not know what I should look. Please help. P.S. If I remove nvidia driver and install vouveau then plasmashell works, but sometimes it freezes my PC so deep I have to use reset, so I would like to use nvidia drivers.

Kirboosy
December 6th, 2016, 07:51 PM
Hi Shura0,

That sounds like a permission issue. I have heard success with creating a new user and see if that fixes the issue. After that you can migrate the files from the old account over to the new. Or you can try to take on the arduous task of figuring out what permissions are wrong.

Hope that helps!
~Caboose

Shura0
December 7th, 2016, 08:04 AM
Hi Caboose885

I have tried this. It does not work anyway.

Kirboosy
December 8th, 2016, 06:54 PM
Hey Shura0,

Sorry I misread your post the first time through. Didn't see the fact that you had tried to create a new user. My apologies!

How have you installed the Nvidia driver? Are you using the driver manager built into Ubuntu or did you download the drivers directly from Nvidia?

~Caboose

Shura0
December 9th, 2016, 09:54 AM
It's installed with apt-get install from standard repository

Kirboosy
December 9th, 2016, 05:06 PM
What Nvidia version number did you install? Also what version of Ubuntu are you running this on? Ubuntu 16.04 32 bit?

Shura0
December 27th, 2016, 01:57 PM
Sorry for long delay

Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS 64bit

$ dpkg -l | grep nvidia
ii nvidia-304 304.132-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 amd64 NVIDIA legacy binary driver - version 304.132
ii nvidia-current 304.132-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 amd64 Transitional package for nvidia-current
ii nvidia-opencl-icd-304 304.132-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 amd64 NVIDIA OpenCL ICD
ii nvidia-settings 361.42-0ubuntu1 amd64 Tool for configuring the NVIDIA graphics driver