PDA

View Full Version : No Network, mouse pointer or working keyboard

theifinthenight-z
December 5th, 2016, 10:28 AM
I have a Lenovo Flex 3 1480. I installed 16.04 onto it recently and it was working just fine. I was using it earlier, finished what I was doing closed the lid and set it down. My computer was asking to reboot to install updates. I had ignored this to do what I needed to do and then forgot about it. I opened up lid later to a frozen computer. I rebooted and it loaded into Ubuntu. I had no mouse pointer. Neither using the ish wireless mouse or touch pad changed anything. I hit a few buttons on the keyboard and in the lower right corner was getting a bunch of 6's. After hitting some more buttons most buttons give me the number 6 and I can't do anything. Eventually figured out how to get the keyboard on the screen to work (touch screen works) and I can navigate around all be it slowly. I have no wireless network and not able to enable it. I tried plugging my computer into my router via Ethernet and it doesn't recognize the connection. Ifconfig just shows 127.0.0.1 address. I have rebooted several times. My keyboard doesn't even work in the grub boot loader so I can't try booting into windows. I have tried putting my bootable thumb drive into my computer and I can't get it to boot from the usb drive. I am not able to even get into BIOs (should hit f2 on start up to get bios, not sure if the problem is with the keyboard or if that option was lost when installed Ubuntu tho I don't think its that) I have tried using a sub keyboard and that hasn't helped either. I am at a loss.

DuckHook
December 6th, 2016, 02:07 AM
Welcome to the forums, theifinthenight-z.

It is highly unlikely that a scrambled update would cause the physical symptoms that you describe (i.e. non-functional keyboard at BIOS stage). Neither GRUB nor the OS is not even loaded/active at that point. Therefore, I would suspect either a broken keyboard or a messed up BIOS (hope it isn't the latter), neither of which an Ubuntu Forum would be of much help.

theifinthenight-z
December 6th, 2016, 04:03 AM
Thanks for the reply. I think the problem is physical. I was able to get a mouse and keyboard to work I'm in a different usb port and was able to get into windows. And was experiencing the same problems there. So its not the OS.

DuckHook
December 6th, 2016, 04:13 AM
If box is still under warranty, I would suggest making use of it. Sorry you ran into such a nasty HW issue.

Though your actual problem is not solved, I believe that marking this thread *SOLVED* would help many people searching in future. If you agree, kindly mark the thread *SOLVED* using the option in thread tools at the top of this thread.