PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_mate] Mate on R-Pi

Geoff_Lane
November 27th, 2016, 08:31 AM
Folks,

I run Ubuntu Mate on a headless RaspberryPi and access it by ssh and sometimes VNC using an ssh tunnel.

The Pi is a relative's device used as a media server.

I often run apt-get update followed by apt-get upgrade but for some time now nothing gets upgraded and it finishes with;

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/flexiondotorg/wily-pi/ubuntu/dists/wily/main/binary-armhf/Packages 404 Not Found

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

The sources.list does not contain that address and as said, nothing been upgraded for quite some time.

Could this be a problem?

Geoff

mcduck
November 27th, 2016, 08:22 PM
Take a look inside /etc/apt.sources.list.d/ directory, there's probably a .list file there that includes that repository. Remove the files and apt-get should be happy again.

(looks like that repository doesn't exist any more, which explains the error)

Geoff_Lane
November 27th, 2016, 10:10 PM
Take a look inside /etc/apt.sources.list.d/ directory, there's probably a .list file there that includes that repository. Remove the files and apt-get should be happy again.

(looks like that repository doesn't exist any more, which explains the error)

All very odd but seems version 15:10 is not supported any more - asks I upgrade to 16:04 LTS. Got that on Laptop but R-Pi working headless as a server so didn't really need to upgrade but may have to now.

Geffers

yetimon_64
November 27th, 2016, 11:18 PM
All very odd but seems version 15:10 is not supported any more...

Yes, that is right, a non LTS release only get 9 months of support while LTS releases get 5 years support these days.

It is a good idea to install, or update to, an LTS version.

Geoff_Lane
November 28th, 2016, 11:09 AM
Yes, that is right, a non LTS release only get 9 months of support while LTS releases get 5 years support these days.

It is a good idea to install, or update to, an LTS version.

My laptops I always use LTS - was using 12:04 for ages, was so stable.

Didn't really think long term when I installed on the R-Pi so may go for a reinstall.

Geffers