PDA

View Full Version : ** MOD-MONO woes...Can mod-mono-server4 work? **

mrrstrat
November 26th, 2016, 05:17 PM
Like many other people I do software development and want to use Mono.

I have Ubuntu Server 16.04 setup with Apache2 and mod-mono-server4. I am trying to get the latest Xamarin MVC stuff to run and have well polluted my server with the bits and pieces of advice to get a functioning Mono server going.

How could it be that difficult???

Is there anyone with mod-mono-server4 running a real web site with Apache2 that can point me to an installation guide for Ubuntu Server (pardon the bluntness) THAT WORKS?

I have worked on it for days now (please don't laugh :-) ) - and am hardly a newbie to setting these things up. I must be missing something fundamental (such as server4 does not work or Xamarin Community does not work with server4).

Any expert advice?

Huge thanks in advance!

mrrstrat
November 26th, 2016, 05:24 PM
I am setting up a PROD server and this is not a DEV server (looking to do 'the real deal' with this server. I am pulling my hair out as I cannot believe there is no latest How-to on Dev tools + Server Environment setup guides. Just lots of bits and pieces from 2005-present. And the questions that I see remaining unanswered (like mine) remain unanswered on forums.

#pleasehelp

Ok..so it works. Who would have figured following the MOD-MONO instructions and making sure every step is followed. I was a RTFM violator...

ASP.NET MVC 5.2 - live on Ubuntu Server 16.04

Instructions at: http://www.mono-project.com

And: most important steps: sudo chmod -R 775 on the directory after FTP and let the mod-mono tool on the mono-project.com site generate your Apache virtual site con file!!