PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 16.10 mini.iso

Blix775
November 25th, 2016, 02:59 AM
"So my last thread was about how to install the Ubuntu 16.10 with my gtx 970. It gives me problems by not displaying anything on the screen while installing. I managed to get through it editing the boot up command and changing the words "quiet splash" with nomodeset. I wanted to reinstall and I decided to use the mini.iso provided in the ubuntu page. I was hoping to not install any GUI and be presented with the CLI where I would choose to install the cinnamon-desktop-environment which is not an option during the first installation. I installed the OS but I am not being able to see anything. I tried the nomodeset trick but it did not work here. Anyone knows what could be the problem now? Also, if I miss the grub edit menu and land in the grub terminal, how can I go back to the edit menu? The commands exit and normal don't always land me on the edit mode and for some reason the options are hidden if you miss the edit command.

Blix775
November 27th, 2016, 07:08 AM
OK. So far these are the flavors that don't give me the Grub problem: Ubuntu, Lubuntu and Kubuntu. Anyone knows how to remove that cover from the grubs used in the other versions?

alexjpowell
November 27th, 2016, 10:03 AM
Plug the monitor into the onboard display port
Any difference?

Blix775
November 30th, 2016, 03:19 PM
Plug the monitor into the onboard display port
Any difference?
It seems they modified grub to make it look more sleek. The ones I mentioned have a more basic version of grub and it display.