PDA

View Full Version : asus x205ta install

3lud13
November 21st, 2016, 09:38 AM
So I have one of these what is turning out to be a super stupid laptop the Asus Eeebook x205ta.
Im new to Ubuntu I usually use Linux Mint however after many tries I couldnt get it to work and found a tutorial on installing ubuntu so followed instructions in here https://github.com/lopaka/instructions/blob/master/ubuntu-16.04-install-asus-x205ta.md and mostly worked.
I now have a usb I can boot from and have installed from which is a large step further forward than what I have been having, however I think the current issue I am having is that as I am currently planning on keeping the windows partitions all in tact and install linux to a micro sd card which I have done but my bootloader is having issues.

So currently I have ubuntu installed on laptop on a micro sd card as well as windows I can still access windows if I press escape fast enough on boot but trying to get into ubuntu it just comes up with error no such device and puts me in grub rescue mode and I have no idea what to do from here, Ive googled for answers and came up with nothing that is working and have also tried installing ubuntu a couple of times with bootloader on main hard drive and micro sd card, also tried editing the /etc/default/grub file after install while booting from live usb but file was read only.

Any help would be greatly apprieciated and if possible can replies be as non tech friendly as possible with clear directions as I admit Im still not great with linux but can get around quite well if I have clear instructions and know what to type in the command line.

mörgæs
November 21st, 2016, 09:39 PM
Have you seen the thread spanning over 1.000 posts dealing with this particular Asus?