PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 16.04.1 not saving my preferences at the time of shutdown

bijoyjoseph
November 17th, 2016, 02:14 PM
I am using Ubuntu 16.04.1 with Unity as my desktop environment and I am facing few problems. Ubuntu is not saving my preferences..... like when I open a window I set the size and the position so that the next time I open the window it should have the same size and position that I set by dragging and resizing it. This issue is affecting everything from Terminal windows to nautilus moreover I had set my search settings in my default browser (Chrome) such that each link should open in new tab. But after I restart my system I have to again set the search settings as well.
Is there any workaround to resolve this issue?

mc4man
November 18th, 2016, 02:00 AM
I am using Ubuntu 16.04.1 with Unity as my desktop environment and I am facing few problems. Ubuntu is not saving my preferences..... like when I open a window I set the size and the position so that the next time I open the window it should have the same size and position that I set by dragging and resizing it. This issue is affecting everything from Terminal windows to nautilus

Size should be saved in most cases though for a terminal the size is set in Edit > Profile Preferences > Initial terminal size, not by manually resizing.
Position is not something that is saved..