PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 16.04 LTS shutdown hangs/crashes with diskless iSCSI clients

Chris
November 16th, 2016, 04:46 PM
Exactly as the title states. I have 4 diskless iSCSI clients just upgraded from 14.04 to 16.04 and several fresh clean 16.04 installs and they all now hang during reboot or shutdown. It appears the network is disabled before the filesystem is turned off. During shutdown it stops with a filesystem error of not being able to read and/or write.

Any ideas how to fix this? I suppose I need to file a bug report but it might be some time before I can get to it because of the amount of work required to file a bug.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/+bug/1569925

Chris
November 21st, 2016, 10:04 PM
As a hack fix does anyone know how to prevent systemd(?) from turning the network off when the machine is rebooted or shut down? I think that would be enough to let the network drives sync and unmount.

Chris
November 25th, 2016, 04:26 PM
No luck hacking the systemd scripts. It always still hangs with IO errors during shutdown or reboot. Although I don't know what I'm doing with systemd anyway.

Chris
December 22nd, 2016, 05:53 PM
STILL broken in 16.10.

With my modified settings that skip any shutdown of the network then the machine can power off fine but rebooting is still broken.

This place is not so helpful, is it? The forums are practically useless. :confused:

Chris
March 10th, 2017, 04:24 PM
Does NO ONE run diskless these days?