PDA

View Full Version : Back again

1111peoy
November 13th, 2016, 11:43 PM
Hello,
I have been using linux on and off for about 10 years. Have been using different kinds of distros. Now im using debian jessie. Its working very well on my laptop ! I could not stand the bloat flashy stuff on Windows 10, yuck

:D

JayKay3OOO
November 13th, 2016, 11:47 PM
We all come back sooner or later :D

poorguy
November 14th, 2016, 01:43 AM
I could not stand the bloat flashy stuff on Windows 10, yuck :D
The little bit that I did play with Windows 10 it sure seemed to have a lot of Apps for things I wouldn't ever need.
I really didn't care for the way MS was going with Windows 8 and Windows 10 OS.
I guess like most I was spoiled with Windows XP.

bearlake
November 14th, 2016, 01:55 AM
The little bit that I did play with Windows 10 it sure seemed to have a lot of Apps for things I wouldn't ever need.

Think I was spoiled by Linux. ;)

mastablasta
November 14th, 2016, 07:48 AM

most apps in win 10 are actually not installed. they are just being flashed at consumers using the tile icon. once you click it it still usualyl needs to downloa dinstall and configure itself. i dont' see this to be much different form lenses in ubutnu where if you search you get stuff out from software center.

at my Office setup widnows 10 does not get in the way of doing things. win 8.1. with it's boot to classic desktop was also not that bad. it was just strange to have the app menu displayed over the whole screen. and trying ot find the app you need could be tedious. but like in Ubuntu there is the win key + type text option to find and launch the app