PDA

View Full Version : big chance for ubuntu see if they want to miss it.

huaxing0345
November 5th, 2016, 11:19 PM
Being honest, Ubuntu is almost like macOS or same performance. What ubuntu not as macOS are basically quite simple: adobe products! people buy mac only because web designs and video edit and vanity young girls. Now apple is like a dictated king and raise the price tag sky high. I think now is the chance ubuntu start to talk to adobe to get photoshop etc... work on Ubuntu. Once Ubuntu get adobe worked. There are only vanity young girls buying mac. We got better PC designs, high performance, better UHD screen (dell's already better than apple's retaina) and adobe products are the keys. who care about useless apple little tricks? touch bar? siri? not even useful.

QIII
November 5th, 2016, 11:58 PM
Hello!

Ubuntu (well, Canonical actually) can't do anything about Adobe products not working on Linux. That's up to the Adobe developers and they just are not interested, no matter how much anyone "talks" to them.

Cheers!

halogen2
November 6th, 2016, 01:06 AM
There are only vanity young girls buying mac.
Thanks for this insight, now we can get a pretty good idea of what "vanity young girls" are like - just check my signature and posting history here.

Guess we all learned something today.

Kris_M
November 6th, 2016, 02:15 AM
web based photoshop:
I used this to massage a scan of a newspaper to make it more readable.

https://pixlr.com/editor/

(https://pixlr.com/editor/)

Bucky Ball
November 6th, 2016, 04:08 AM
Used to use Photoshop, now use Gimp. Pah. Had forgotten about Photoshop.

Might be better if people stop obsessing about what programs from other operating systems don't work on Ubuntu and concentrate on what does.

If you want some non-native something to work on Linux, your favourite Windows app or that must have bit of hardware, approach the creator of that hardware/software directly with an email or a phone call. Your efforts will be much more effective that way. No doubt Canonical what they can/want to do about these things and definitely nothing anyone here can do ... except approach the creators of hardware/software directly and let them know your thoughts.

Kris_M
November 6th, 2016, 04:12 AM
+1

Dragonbite
November 7th, 2016, 04:48 PM
I don't think it is so much that they want the Mac for Adobe, as they want something that is spit-polished and familiar.

I have been recently using Windows 10 and an Android tablet. One reason is that the most things are usable (hear about an application, 9 times out of 10 it is available for one or both platforms) and hardware support is very good.

Notably, I have also been using CentOS recently which, being older and less desktop-spiffy, did not inspire much love for using it. Like good 'ol Linux it takes more tweaking to get things working (codecs, Flash, etc.).

Ubuntu, however, seems to be the distribution most capable of competing with Mac and Windows tit-for-tat.

Mac, Windows and Google, however, also has a mostly-mature mobile offering to accentuate and add-on to their "desktop" offerings. Ubuntu is getting there but it is slow going and until somebody announces something, there are no Ubuntu phones being offered by manufacturers.

As for vanity girls, that is such a fickle market that to pursue it will be death. Stand for something, build it and those that agree with your vision will join, those that don't you probably don't really want anyway.