PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help please, after install 16.04 can't apt-get update

Will4
November 4th, 2016, 04:58 AM
Sorry, im a cuban ubuntu user. and as i dont have a proper internet conex i had to copy an UBUNTU 16.04 repository (working all good from a friend computer, HE is ubuntu user long time) and something is wrong with me beacuse i cant apt-get update as ther shows an error like this:
W:Can't drop privileges for downloading as file '/media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/dists/xenial/InRelease' couldn't be accessed by user '_apt'. - pkgAcquire::Run (13: Permission denied),
W:The repository 'file:/media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/xenial-partner xenial Release' does not have a Release file.,
W:Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore potentially dangerous to use.,
W:See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.,
W:The repository 'file:/media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/xenial-partner xenial-proposed Release' does not have a Release file.,
W:Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore potentially dangerous to use.,
W:See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.,
E:Failed to fetch file:/media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/xenial-partner/dists/xenial/partner/binary-amd64/Packages File not found - /media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/xenial-partner/dists/xenial/partner/binary-amd64/Packages (2: No such file or directory),
E:Failed to fetch file:/media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/xenial-partner/dists/xenial-proposed/partner/binary-amd64/Packages File not found - /media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/xenial-partner/dists/xenial-proposed/partner/binary-amd64/Packages (2: No such file or directory),
E:Failed to fetch store:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/_media_willo_HOME_REPO_ubuntu_dists_xenial_main_de p11_Components-amd64.yml Could not open file /var/lib/apt/lists/partial/_media_willo_HOME_REPO_ubuntu_dists_xenial_main_de p11_Components-amd64.yml - open (13: Permission denied),
E:Failed to fetch file:/media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/dists/xenial-proposed/main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml File not found - /media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/dists/xenial-proposed/main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml (2: No such file or directory),
E:Failed to fetch file:/media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/dists/xenial-security/main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml File not found - /media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/dists/xenial-security/main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml (2: No such file or directory),
E:Failed to fetch file:/media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/dists/xenial-updates/main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml File not found - /media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/dists/xenial-updates/main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml (2: No such file or directory),
E:Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Bucky Ball
November 4th, 2016, 06:51 AM
A few basics to improve (or give you some) chances. Please use paragraphs. Please use [code] tags for terminal output. See the green link in the first line of my signature at the bottom of this post for how.

If you want support here, you will greatly improve your chances of getting it by following these simple tips. Posting blobs of text like the one above will get you nowhere fast. :)

Try again and good luck. :)

Will4
November 4th, 2016, 02:39 PM
OK, thanks BuckyBall. this is what i get after doing

sudo apt-get update

this in the terminal is a longer list of processes i just post the end of it

Leyendo lista de paquetes... Hecho
N: No se podrán ignorar los privilegios para descargar mientras no se pueda acceder a «/media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/dists/xenial/InRelease» con el usuario «_apt». - pkgAcquire::Run (13: Permiso denegado)
E: Fallo al obtener store:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/_media_willo_HOME_REPO_ubuntu_dists_xenial_main_de p11_Components-amd64.yml No pude abrir el fichero /var/lib/apt/lists/partial/_media_willo_HOME_REPO_ubuntu_dists_xenial_main_de p11_Components-amd64.yml - open (13: Permiso denegado)
E: Fallo al obtener file:/media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/dists/xenial-proposed/main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml Fichero no encontrado - /media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/dists/xenial-proposed/main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml (2: No existe el archivo o el directorio)
E: Fallo al obtener file:/media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/dists/xenial-security/main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml Fichero no encontrado - /media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/dists/xenial-security/main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml (2: No existe el archivo o el directorio)
E: Fallo al obtener file:/media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/dists/xenial-updates/main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml Fichero no encontrado - /media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/dists/xenial-updates/main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml (2: No existe el archivo o el directorio)
E: No se han podido descargar algunos archivos de índice, se han omitido, o se han utilizado unos antiguos en su lugar.

Thankyou so much

Will4
November 4th, 2016, 02:42 PM
and this is what i get by using the regular software updater

W:Can't drop privileges for downloading as file '/media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/dists/xenial/InRelease' couldn't be accessed by user '_apt'. - pkgAcquire::Run (13: Permission denied), W:The repository 'file:/media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/xenial-partner xenial Release' does not have a Release file., W:grin:ata from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore potentially dangerous to use., W:See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details., W:The repository 'file:/media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/xenial-partner xenial-proposed Release' does not have a Release file., W:grin:ata from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore potentially dangerous to use., W:See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details., E:Failed to fetch file:/media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/xenial-partner/dists/xenial/partner/binary-amd64/Packages File not found - /media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/xenial-partner/dists/xenial/partner/binary-amd64/Packages (2: No such file or directory), E:Failed to fetch file:/media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/xenial-partner/dists/xenial-proposed/partner/binary-amd64/Packages File not found - /media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/xenial-partner/dists/xenial-proposed/partner/binary-amd64/Packages (2: No such file or directory), E:Failed to fetch store:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/_media_willo_HOME_REPO_ubuntu_dists_xenial_main_de p11_Components-amd64.yml Could not open file /var/lib/apt/lists/partial/_media_willo_HOME_REPO_ubuntu_dists_xenial_main_de p11_Components-amd64.yml - open (13: Permission denied), E:Failed to fetch file:/media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/dists/xenial-proposed/main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml File not found - /media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/dists/xenial-proposed/main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml (2: No such file or directory), E:Failed to fetch file:/media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/dists/xenial-security/main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml File not found - /media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/dists/xenial-security/main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml (2: No such file or directory), E:Failed to fetch file:/media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/dists/xenial-updates/main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml File not found - /media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/dists/xenial-updates/main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml (2: No such file or directory), E:Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Bucky Ball
November 4th, 2016, 04:04 PM
Whatever this repo is:

/media/willo/HOME/REPO/ubuntu/dists/xenial-updates/main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml

... disable it and try updating again. You can do so in 'Software and Updates'. Have you added any repos manually? Third-party PPAs are not officially supported and if they break, they break.

As I don't read the language the errors are written in I can't give you much more help than that.

Javier.Cabrales
November 3rd, 2017, 07:07 PM
It seems that you were trying to install repos from an external hard disk. I got the same error when tried to do that and I solved it mounting hard disk in the "/home/user/" directory.
For example:

mkdir /home/user/repo_folder
sudo mount /dev/sdc1 /home/user/repo_folder

After that, edit the "/etc/apt/source.list" file and command apt-get update must work.

wildmanne39
November 4th, 2017, 04:55 AM
Old thread going back to sleep.