PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 2nd Monitor Not Recognised After Latest NVIDIA Patch 367.57

hapkiyusul
November 4th, 2016, 02:13 AM
Hi. Have Ubuntu 14.04 with 2 x Dell U2414H 23.8" monitors connected to GTX 1080 mini DisplayPorts.

Just ran upgrade and get this error and unable to recognise 2nd monitor correctly (was previously working). Please see images attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. At least I have 1 screen working :)

Thanks.
Andrew.

ezykatch2000
November 4th, 2016, 02:37 AM
I just did an update as well, now my computer can't find a Ben-Q monitor calibration profile...during boot up error message appears on the screen " can't find directory". So now it takes a bit longer to boot up.
Can we roll back an update?

Bucky Ball
November 4th, 2016, 06:41 AM
Why are you not using the Nvidie X Server Settings GUI to tweak with this? You will find it in your Apps menu. See if that gets you any further.

@ezykatch2000: Please start a new thread. You have a differnent issue and are looking for a different fix. Actually, you're looking to roll back the driver which isn't a fix but a workaround. Just gets confusing having more than one user/one support request per thread. Thanks and good luck.

hapkiyusul
November 6th, 2016, 04:01 AM
WORK-AROUND : Just tried 2nd monitor connected via HDMI cable and it works perfectly while 1st monitor is still connected to a mini DisplayPort.

So glitch appears to be if you are using 2 x identical monitors connected with 2 x mini DisplayPort cables to 2 x mini DisplayPort cables on the 1 x GTX 1080 graphics card. Weird.