PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 16.10 login issue

rjhanson
November 3rd, 2016, 11:27 AM
Hello All,
I have upgraded 2 boxes with Ubuntu 16.10, had to do a wipe and clean load on the other 2 boxes with Ubuntu 16. The upgrade process only seems work 50% of the time for me :(

Anyway, my desktop upgraded to Ubuntu 16.10 was working fine until I decided to shut it down and restart. I have 2 displays and the login screen covers both displays. The Ubuntu symbol that normally is in the password box to select what version of view I want is not in the box but on the 2nd display screen. So, I move my mouse to the 2nd display and the windows swap and now the password box is on the 2nd display and the ubuntu icon is on the 1st display. I can not access the ubuntu icon so the only login access i get is this tablet with touch screen view. None of my settings are available to me so I an not able fix the issue from there.

What I could use is a guiding hand to help me get to where ever I need to go to fix this issue or I am going to have to do a clean load to fix this.

Thanks

Richard

mörgæs
November 3rd, 2016, 02:17 PM
...or I am going to have to do a clean load to fix this.

Yes, that's a good idea. I have stopped upgrading years ago because the process is too error prone.