PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] xubuntu wallpaper changed independently

asgard2
October 29th, 2016, 09:27 AM
Hi,

my wallpaper changed over the day to my old wallpaper (from several month ago).

The xfce wallpaper manager still shows my new wallpaper and I can reassign wallpapers.

But how could this be even possible?

Some old xfce temporary files?
Should I clear a xfce cache folder to prevent other errors at the xfce desktop?

Using: Xubuntu 16.04

Thanks

Bucky Ball
October 29th, 2016, 09:50 AM
With your new wallpaper set, when you reboot the machine, does the old wallpaper reappear?

On what partition is the pic you are using for your wallpaper? Is that partition being mounted when you boot the machine?

asgard2
October 29th, 2016, 10:41 AM
The current wallpaper is at /usr/share/... and the old one that reappeared is at a home directory.

A reboot does not change the wallaper, it happened over the day after booting and logging in, this is curious.

I don't know how to reproduce this.

Dennis N
October 29th, 2016, 01:37 PM
The wallpaper may be set to automatically change. Check Settings > Desktop > "Change the Background" (at bottom)

asgard2
October 29th, 2016, 02:41 PM
@Dennis N

I know this option, but I never used it and it is deactivated. Besides these pictures are in different locations.

Dennis N
October 30th, 2016, 03:29 PM
Best to put all the images you want to use as Desktop backgrounds in the same folder as the default backgrounds - somewhere in /usr/share/ - the exact location can vary across distros. Also, the login screen background is independent of the Desktop background, and has to be set in a different dialog.