PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Install.

herohamp
October 29th, 2016, 03:12 AM
So I am trying to install Ubuntu onto my computer and I keep getting this error.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f4J-ok3lw4

Bucky Ball
October 29th, 2016, 03:43 AM
Welcome. More info, please. To give yourself a better chance of support please give all relevant info when posting for support rather than a link to a three second video (attaching a pic to your post is a much better option). It will save you and others time and get you support faster as we don't need to go through the preliminaries of asking the following questions.

Release and flavour of Ubuntu you are using (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS or something else?)
Install media (USB or DVD)?
How did you create the install media?
Have you done anything to try and fix this and if so what? (Please do a bit of research for a fix before posting)
Your machine hardware if you know it (particularly amount of RAM, CPU (32bit or 64bit) and video card)?
Does Ubuntu boot to a 'live' session ('Try Ubuntu) from the install media?
Are you dual-booting with Windows and if so, which version?

That should get things rolling. :)

My only other question is where are you trying to install Ubuntu to? You have ample free, unpartitioned space on the drive? Also, are you attempting to install in UEFI or BIOS mode or you don't know? If you have Windows already installed there's a good chance you need to install in UEFI.

If you are across the install mode and still having issues, and you are dual-booting with Win, have you booted into Windows and switched hibernation off then switched faststart and secureboot off in the BIOS and chosen the [UEFI] boot option on your install media?