PDA

View Full Version : Installation Webpages Need Updating

rmfrunyan
October 26th, 2016, 11:59 AM
Not sure where else to post this.

The Installation webpages need updating to cover those issues not covered.

Attached is an image specifically of what I am speaking.

I burned the ISO image, but it does not work. See the attached image for specifics.

rmfr

howefield
October 26th, 2016, 12:04 PM
The Installation webpages need updating to cover those issues not covered.

Can you link to the page(s) that you refer to ?

ajgreeny
October 26th, 2016, 01:10 PM
And where did you see those images that you posted?

I assume the small inset image on the left is what you think you should see and the larger image what you are now seeing. Why do you believe that large image is not correct, as it is exactly what I see if I view the content of my .iso files of recent versions in archive-manager?

rmfrunyan
October 31st, 2016, 03:46 PM
And where did you see those images that you posted?

I assume the small inset image on the left is what you think you should see and the larger image what you are now seeing. Why do you believe that large image is not correct, as it is exactly what I see if I view the content of my .iso files of recent versions in archive-manager?

The smaller image is from this webpage: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BootFromCD?_ga=1.5881140.621533604.1477925003

The larger image is a screen capture from Windows File Explorer.

Then both were put together using Photoshop.

rmfr

Impavidus
October 31st, 2016, 04:27 PM
The help site shows two screenshots, labelled "correct" and "incorrect", and your screenshot is obviously more similar to the correct version. You burnt it as an image, not as a random file. But the exact contents of the .iso change a bit with every version of Ubuntu, so it's not a perfect match. Having said that, the screenshot is of Ubuntu 6.10, 10 years old, so it may be time for a small update. And not too long ago I read a different post here from somebody who got confused. The text may have to be updated that people shouldn't expect an exact match if they use a different version.