PDA

View Full Version : [UbuntuGnome] USB & DVD with ubuntu gnome 16.04 setup will not boot fully

sam124
October 24th, 2016, 08:43 PM
When trying to boot from USB with ubuntu gnome on it, the splash screen appears, it begins to load, but then it remains stuck on a tty screen requesting login details for user ubuntu-gnome. Have tried pressing CTRL+ALT+F1/F2/F3/F4 and CTRL+ALT+F5/F6/F7/etc but no response. I can't even type in a login, it's just stuck. It happens both when I go to install directly and when I go try ubuntu first.

-USB works fine on my laptop, could install or use live with no issues. So this is obviously a problem with this particular machine. I've also tried installing it from a DVD, but same result.
-Secure boot is off. BIOS is set to Legacy+UEFI.
-Have tried booting the devices both in legacy and in UEFI mode.
-Windows 8.1 is the only OS currently installed, but had the same problem installing ubuntu before any other OS was installed anyway.

PC Specifications:

CPU
Intel Core i7 4790k

RAM
16GB CL11 2400MHz

Motherboard
Z97 MSI Gaming 7

GPU
Asus STRIX nvidia GeForce GTX 970 (dual SLI, if that's relevant)

SSD
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB

Picture of the problem: (I apologize for the quality, it's all I have to work with I'm afraid.)
http://i.imgur.com/NJc0Wnz.jpg
Really at my wits end here, I feel like this will only be solved by someone who knows a lot more than me. Any and all input is very much appreciated, thank you for your time.