PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Shall I install Ubuntu 16 Version on my laptop which I use in my office?

gauravtrikha123
October 24th, 2016, 12:08 PM
Dear Team,

Please help, In my office I use windows 10 on my laptop. I don't require any major application. I just need office , internet. That's it.

So will ubuntu will be okay for me?

Laptop which I have :- Sony Vaio
RAM:- 2GB
Hard disk:- 500GB
Graphic card:- In-build
Current OS :- Windows 10

Please help guys!

Any other information which I need to know so please help with that also.

howefield
October 24th, 2016, 12:29 PM
Your office requirements will most likely be met with LibreOffice, an office suite included by default.

You don't give any details regarding your wireless card but again, very likely you'll meet the stated requirements as outlined. Create an Ubuntu Live media either on a USB stick or DVD and run it without installing for an hour or two, that will give you an idea if it is for you.

gauravtrikha123
October 24th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Hey thanks for your fast response dear.

Yes, I do have a wifi adapter installed in my laptop.

And, I have already downloaded the latest iso file of Ubuntu and I just need to make it bootable through USB. So am I going right ?

The only issue is that my in-bulid webcam doesnt support ubuntu os.

howefield
October 24th, 2016, 12:37 PM
And, I have already downloaded the latest iso file of Ubuntu and I just need to make it bootable through USB. So am I going right ?

Sort of.

If you are using Windows to create the Live USB, you'll need something like Rufus.

More detail here : https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows

gauravtrikha123
October 24th, 2016, 12:38 PM
Thanks mate!