PDA

View Full Version : Compiz causes application following (want to disable)

UncleBoarder
October 23rd, 2016, 02:14 PM
I'm running...

Mate 16.04
VirtualBox 5.0.24
CCSM 9.12.2

When I start a Windows VM in VirtualBox and then move to another desktop while Windows is slowly launching, it will follow me to the new desktop. If I disable Compiz, this following action stops and the VM boots where I launched it. That's the action I want... Boot where I launch it, stop following me. :-)

I use the following CCSM features:
Desktop
Expo
Desktop Cube
Rotate Cube
Effects
Animations
Fading Windows
Wobble Windows
Utility
Compiz Library Toolbox
Crash handler
Mouse position polling
Regex Matching
Session Management
Workarounds
Window Management
Move Window
Resize Window
Scale

There must be some setting in CCSM that causes the application to follow the active desktop. How do I turn off the following "feature"?

UncleBoarder
October 30th, 2016, 01:21 PM
<bump>

CantankRus
October 30th, 2016, 01:56 PM
I think the best you may be able to do is force your application window to load on a specific workspace
using ccsm > Place Windows.
eg
in the pic, gimp should always start on the first workspace no matter what workspace I'm on.
Once it's loaded it will switch to that workspace though.

UncleBoarder
November 7th, 2016, 09:52 PM
Really? Who broke it? Compiz, VirtualBox, or Ubuntu?

Because as I said, this used to work without any problem. I would always boot up, launch my XP VM, move to the next desktop, launch my Win7 VM, move to the next desktop, launch my Remmina RDP sessions. Everything stayed where I launched it. This is now broken, who do I complain to, which company? I hate when "upgrades" are worse then the older implementation with no good reason.