PDA

View Full Version : ttf-mscorefonts-installer doesn't work from Ubuntu Software Center because of EULA, b

RichardET
October 21st, 2016, 07:14 PM
So I have Ubuntu Mate 16.04 64 bit, and I decided to try and install the sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras, which was the recommended procedure on "Ask Ubuntu", now the installer is stuck on a EULA question, and I can't stop the installer. I use kill, then whenever I try to do autoremove, it hangs once again. This is the first real bug Ive encountered in years, but it's definitely annoying. What to do now?

RichardET
October 21st, 2016, 07:38 PM
I went to the irc help and used the software boutique to "fix" the problem. Someone there gave me the tip

Impavidus
October 21st, 2016, 08:58 PM
I haven't installed those MS fonts in ages, but I think if you do it by terminal it should show a menu in the terminal where you can accept the user agreement. You should be able to use <tab> to select yes or agree and then hit <enter>. Where does it get stuck?

RichardET
October 21st, 2016, 09:48 PM
at the terminal yes or no agreement. Obviously its a bug, in the apt-get utility, but software boutique will fix it for you in a graphical menu. It's just a warning from me to not install these MS fonts at the command line - use the graphical menus!