PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] KDE application launcher cannot find applications

daniii10
September 29th, 2016, 03:48 AM
I started using KDE Neon lately and I'm having an issue with the search in the launcher and krunner (both have the problem).
When I'm searching for an app like Firefox or KWrite, I see only files in the result, the app is not shown. It's happen with all apps. The search is finding only files.
Is anyone know how to fix this? I tried to open a new user to see if the problem is local, but unfortunately it's global and it's happening in any user.
I think the problem started after I did an update (which mess up also the screen locker but I managed to fix it by reinstalling the package of the screen locker). I couldn't find a solution in Google.

I'm running the latest version of KDE Neon.

daniii10
October 2nd, 2016, 03:42 AM
I did some research on the internet and I found out that in 'system settings' under 'plasma search' all the plugins (also known as runners) are there except 'applications', so I can't turn on applications search because it's not there.
I'm trying to figure out how to install the application runner for several days but no luck. It could be deleted by mistake with the update when I did autoremove after the update.
Is anyone know how can I get it back?

daniii10
October 2nd, 2016, 08:12 AM
I found the solution!
If anyone have the same problem try to reinstall plasma-workspace.
Run this commands

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install --reinstall plasma-workspace

That's what I did then reboot and problem fixed.