PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] boot problem

sultan1684
September 25th, 2016, 09:23 AM
Namste people
i'm new user of ubuntu 16.4 os . i installed ubuntu from live USB drive . after installing i'm facing so much problem . i can't switch ubuntu from window. or window from ubuntu . i have to shut down both os to switch . i don't get log in platfrom for Ubuntu . every singal time it ask me to install ubuntu again . ubuntu delete all works i have done .
my system
processor- Intel(R) Celeron (R) CPU N2840@
Installed memory (RAM)-2.00GB (1.88 usable)
system type- 64-bit operating system, x64-based

i'm sorry for my bad English .
please help me

ajgreeny
September 25th, 2016, 12:06 PM
It sounds as if you are misunderstanding how a dual boot works; you always have to shutdown one OS, Windows or Lubuntu, to boot the other OS; you do not, and can not, have both running simultaneously unless you are using a virtualisation program such as VirtualBox or Vmware.

It also appears that you still have the USB attached when you boot the machine if you are seeing the Install option every time you start the computer.

We need much more info to help you properly and it will help us if you go to Boot-Repair in my signature below and follow the instructions there to run the Boot-Info-Script.
Do not run the default repair just yet but simply copy back here the pastebin link you get which will show us a lot more about your system.

sultan1684
September 25th, 2016, 04:48 PM
yes i got the how to switch OS . i can't get boot without attached USB to machine . f there is no USB be there is no Ubuntu n the machine . and i get "install ubuntu " every time . there is no login platfrom . and if anything i have saved in unbute get deleted . i can't use ubuntu without USB attached

sudodus
September 25th, 2016, 04:56 PM
If everything you save gets deleted, it is a live-only USB drive. There are two alternatives: persistent live and installed system (installed like installed into an internal drive can also be installed into a USB drive). See this link and links from it for more details,

Try Ubuntu (Kubuntu, Lubuntu, Xubuntu, ...) before installing it (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2230389)

ajgreeny
September 25th, 2016, 08:14 PM
OK, I think you have just made a live USB, not installed Ubuntu to the HDD, or if you did install to HDD you have put grub on the USB, not the HDD where it should be.

The output link of Boot-Repair in my signature, as I requested in post #2 will tell us a lot more about what is going on, so please follow that and we will attempt to help you get this solved properly.

sultan1684
September 26th, 2016, 07:06 AM
thank you guys . i learn a lot from you guys . i reallyappreciate your help . boot repair slow my problem . now my both OS works good . not bad for new user of ubuntu .. thank you agai (https://www.google.co.in/search?espv=2&biw=1366&bih=676&q=thank+you+guys+.+i+learn+a+lot+from+you+guys+.+i +really+appreciate+your+help+.+boot+repair+slow+my +problem+.+now+my+both+OS+works+good+.+not+bad+for +new+user+of+ubuntu+..+thank+you+agai&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjt4M6JrqzPAhWJt48KHTlCAfYQvwUIGCgA)n . after many attempt boor repair works for me
Namste everyone and Lord shiva bless you all

sudodus
September 26th, 2016, 07:22 AM
I understand that you solved the problem with Boot Repair. Congratulations :KS

Please click on Thread Tools at the top of the page and mark this thread as SOLVED

sultan1684
September 26th, 2016, 10:29 AM
done !!!! thank you bro

Namste guys ..my system working like charm all thanks to you guys ... _/\_