PDA

View Full Version : Eyeglasses

echotech2
September 21st, 2016, 11:39 AM
Who decided that the best way to fasten eyeglasses together was with tiny screws that you can't see when you take the glasses off to tighten the screws? The screws also require a tiny screwdriver that I never seem to have.

oldfred
September 21st, 2016, 03:50 PM
Some of us have more than one pair of eyeglasses. :)

And best thing my Dr. did was suggest separate old style bifocals for computer & reading. My progressive lenses for all uses were driving me crazy (ok more crazy) trying to read screen.

1fallen
September 21st, 2016, 03:58 PM
Some of us have more than one pair of eyeglasses. :)

And best thing my Dr. did was suggest separate old style bifocals for computer & reading. My progressive lenses for all uses were driving me crazy (ok more crazy) trying to read screen.

+1 :smile:
I found the Rose or Purple film they add for the glare of the monitor a real treat also.

HermanAB
September 21st, 2016, 06:08 PM
There are places in Hong Kong (optical4less) that make such cheap glasses, that you can buy a dozen pairs and then you never have to worry about breaking/losing them. I have different types of glasses for driving, computer, outdoors... Wherever I go, there's one or two pairs lying around.

MoebusNet
September 21st, 2016, 11:15 PM
BTW, next time you tighten the screws on your eyeglasses take the time to completely remove the screw(s) that keeps coming loose, place just the tiniest bit of clear nail polish (your wife/significant other should have some) on the screw threads, then reinstall and tighten to the proper tension. Shouldn't come loose again, but still able to remove screw if required.

Skaperen
September 22nd, 2016, 06:58 AM
i don't think big giant screws fit. besides ... i am nearsighted so i can see the screws on my glasses if they stay close.