PDA

View Full Version : Cant install ubuntu

plwodzpl
September 18th, 2016, 05:36 PM
Hello, i have problem with instalation of ubuntu dekstop, when i choose UEFI in boot menu i have 4 option i click install, test or anything and i can see black screen with name cannot display this video mode what can i do ?

Bucky Ball
September 18th, 2016, 05:39 PM
Welcome. Boot, when you get to the purple screen with the icon down the bottom, hit a key. Hit F6 and choose 'nomodeset'. Continue with 'Try Ubuntu'.

It helps potential helpers help you if you can give more information than you have when posting. Perhaps see the first link in my signature at the bottom of this post for some tips.

plwodzpl
September 18th, 2016, 06:09 PM
I cant go for this icon on bottom, its only loading in install and try ubuntu.
When i click f6 when was purple screen later after this process i have same think, cannot display this video mode :(

plwodzpl
September 18th, 2016, 06:12 PM
And i cannot choose anything

Bucky Ball
September 19th, 2016, 10:32 AM
Update: seems like it's changed.

Boot from the install media, USB or DVD, hold down the left shift key until you are asked to choose a language, then hit F6 from the 'Try, Install' etc. option screen. Get the options pop-up? Choose nomodeset and proceed.

See top of post here (http://askubuntu.com/a/36673).

plwodzpl
September 19th, 2016, 02:15 PM
When im in Grub and hold left shift key its nothing happened (boot UEFI) In normal left shift key do nothing too :(

Bucky Ball
September 20th, 2016, 06:14 AM
Perhaps you could do a bit of research on how to get to install with the nomodeset option as the way described on the link I provided is the current route to get there as far as I know. Can't help much more than that if you're doing as described and not getting there.

You are hitting the left shift at the correct time?