PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu installer doesn't work on ASRock Q1900B-ITX

blengefeld
September 10th, 2016, 04:47 PM
I bought an ASRock Q1900B-ITX to build a low power home server. I had read the reviews and people mentioned that there was issues with Red Hat and USB not working but other then that there where great reviews for it as a Linux home server. After building the computer I went to install Ubuntu Server 16.04 and immediately after hitting the Install option the screen turned off, went black, then the back light turned on and nothing happened. I tried running Ubuntu Desktop and it did the same thing except a blinking cursor appeared up in the top left hand corner. I looked this issue up and people mentioned using nomodeset, disabling quiet splash, disabling acpi, and so forth. None of these worked. So I tried running it off of a DVD reader I pulled out of my main machine; same thing happened. I also tried adjusting settings in the BIOS to use CSM, and tried updating the BIOS as well. I'm completely stumped here. I know other people have gotten Ubuntu 16.04 to run on this machine as it's been said multiple times in the reviews. I'm gonna try to run Windows 7 to see what happens. Thanks all in advance for your help.

Quick side note; the motherboard is an embedded system that comes with an Intel Celeron J1900. Link Here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157497

[EDIT]
Just took me finally posting something to the forums to figure out the problem. Bad memory stick apparently. I've seen people post similar issues so I just thought it would help to remind everybody to check your memory if your having issues.

ajgreeny
September 10th, 2016, 08:45 PM
Great! Please mark this as SOLVED from the Thread Tools menu up-top if you are happy that the problem really is solved for you.

It is a great help to other users searching the forum.