PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Customize LXPanel buttons

yambam
September 5th, 2016, 04:15 PM
Is it possible to change the images for normal, mouse hovered, clicked and active taskbar buttons? Specifically of the "Task Bar (Window List)" widget, though it would be nice to change the start button, system tray and application launcher buttons all together in one go. I don't like the white buttons that turn light blue when the mouse cursor is over them very much. I figured they change with the gnome desktop theme, but is it also possible to change only the buttons in the taskbar?

It's not too important though, it's not that ugly, but I would like to make the buttons' appearence go hand in hand with the taskbar itself, since I changed its background to something greener. :)

Thanks in advance,
Imanuel

halogen2
September 5th, 2016, 04:41 PM
Yes it needs to be done within the theme and yes it should be possible to style only the taskbar.
What version of Lubuntu are you using?

This thread (https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2330047) while not about the taskbar might help you with understanding editing your theme of choice to restyle only the specific widget.

yambam
September 15th, 2016, 05:05 PM
Yes it needs to be done within the theme and yes it should be possible to style only the taskbar.
What version of Lubuntu are you using?

This thread (https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2330047) while not about the taskbar might help you with understanding editing your theme of choice to restyle only the specific widget.

Your solution looked perfect, but when I looked in the theme's images, to my surprise, I couldn't find the taskbar/panel's images. I even looked in the Default theme, assuming they were picked from there when it wasn't in the current theme. Does anyone know the taskbar button image filenames by chance? :)

halogen2
September 15th, 2016, 05:45 PM
This stuff isn't necessarily done with images. Which theme are you using and can you please post a screenshot?