PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] android sdk not accessible after upgrading to 16.04

idzireit
August 25th, 2016, 07:11 PM
I upgraded my ubuntu version from 14 to 16 and now I can not get the android sdk to come up. I can not download it fromt he android-sdk website cause it says i already have it. tried irc chat and they said something about a -ln manager or something. Is there a solution and if so what?

QIII
August 25th, 2016, 07:30 PM
Hello!

It might be helpful to include some details rather than using vague generalities.

By " .. . can not get the android sdk to come up." do you mean you can't start the sdk as an app or that you can't use it in a development environment?

What IRC channel?

Could you replace "... something about a -ln manager or something..." with what was actually said in detail?

We can't help solve problems when the clues themselves are mysteries.

Cheers!

idzireit
August 25th, 2016, 08:13 PM
Sorry for the mysteries was not my intention. Searching for the android sdk in the search your computer and nothing shows up. looking through the folder and cann ot find the exectuable (even though the folders and files are still there). as for the irc I was on channel ubuntu servers and this is what I was told directly in chat (copied and pasted) "idzireit: No, sorry. Actually I just found out that -Ln is the reason it doesn't work. Silly me"