PDA

View Full Version : STEEMIT [mining] possible on ubuntu without facebook or reddit

tyler102
August 17th, 2016, 06:23 PM
Hey guys i deleted facebook 5 yrs ago and dont even know what reddit is but i want to join steem

its a cryptocurrency backed social media account that if people like your posts YOU make money not the meta data miners stealing your info for free on most social media accounts

So yeah they say without a good karma reddit account or verified facebook account i will have to wait till someday in the future when they can link a sms phone account to my steemit id

that or i have to learn how to mine steem on a ubuntu computer or setup a windows computer just to mine an id

anyone mined a steemit id with ubuntu?

if this is posssible i will need detailed instructions

QIII
August 17th, 2016, 06:35 PM
Not an Ubuntu support request.

Moved to the Cafe.

tyler102
August 17th, 2016, 07:35 PM
seems like ubunut request to me?
i need to know how to mine steem on a ubuntu platform?
or are you pushing me away from ubuntu back to mac or windows?

QIII
August 17th, 2016, 08:26 PM
Ah! I see now that you already have a steem id. I completely missed that. That being the case, you can mine.

Take a look at this (https://steemit.com/miner-category/@clayop/steem-miner-setup-in-ubuntu-15) as an example.

tyler102
August 17th, 2016, 11:02 PM
nope no id yet
followed those guys directions as best i could, seems like the miner installed but cant find it actually running just a bunch of files in my home file and no idea how to start it up or get it to mine me an id?
nor do i have bitcoins to pay the guy so he will get me one...