PDA

View Full Version : Problems After Moving Launcher To Bottom

O)9(yo&#
August 17th, 2016, 04:47 PM
I tried moving the launcher using three different methods. Two of them worked, the other didn't. However, in every case, my computer was frozen after returning from suspend. The desktop was there and looked normal, but my mouse and keyboard would not work, so I couldn't do anything. I uninstalled the dconf and Unity Tweak tools. (The other method was the one where you just run the terminal command and it instantly changes, without even putting in your password. That method worked, along with Unity Tweak. The dconf might not have installed correctly.).

I suspect a driver issue. I have had problems with video drivers in most operating systems on this computer, including Windows 7. It's not a big problem for me, although I guess I'd prefer the launcher on the bottom for aesthetic reasons. But I think my wife will need it there when I try to introduce her to Linux. I think I'm using the Nvidia driver, as I installed 16.04 "over" 14.04, and my settings were preserved, and I've had to use the Nvidia driver for most Linux OS's, to prevent similar problems, so I'm pretty sure I switched the driver on 14.04. (I also have to turn off accelerators on my browser).

Thanks,

Mike

O)9(yo&#
August 18th, 2016, 01:24 AM
Decided to reinstall 16.04, this time a clean install. Last time was "over" 14.04, so it preserved my settings, documents etc. This time, I am going to just stay with Unity's default position. It seems every time I change the DE, install Tweaks, etc, I have trouble. It does better when I leave it alone.