PDA

View Full Version : Devolo Homeplugs HOT

Geoff_Lane
August 13th, 2016, 10:38 AM
Folks,

I've got a home network with mixed wifi and homeplugs. I have 4 Devolo dLAN 200AV devices and whilst there have been no reliability issues they do appear to get hotter than expected. The plastic casing is at least 25mm from any circuitry so if the plastic casing is quite hot how hot is the component.

My phone does a multitude of network tasks and I seldom detect any heat but the homeplug.

I do have the latest firmware albeit plugs quite old now.

Any comments appreciated.

Geffers

wildmanne39
August 13th, 2016, 03:56 PM
I had to google your topic, to me that looks like a question for the manufacturer or where you bought it.

We have no idea why a certain piece of equipment is getting hot, it seems to be rare because we have never seen it before on the forum to my knowledge.

coffeecat
August 13th, 2016, 04:19 PM
Thread moved to The Cafe.

Although this is a useful networking question, it's not specifically an Ubuntu networking question, which is what the Networking & Wireless section is for, so I've moved it to the Cafe where, hopefully, someone using Devolos might be able to comment.

I changed my 85 Mbps Devolos for 200 Mbps TP-Link ones a few years ago. Although they get warm, I wouldn't say that they were hot. So, sorry, I can't really add anything constructive.