PDA

View Full Version : Lubuntu: Volume Control icon missing from panel

wghay
August 10th, 2016, 05:37 PM
System is Lubuntu 16.04. Sound is working, and volume can be adjusted via pavucontrol.

But there's no volume control icon in the panel, and no option in the panel update dialogue to add it.

ajgreeny
August 10th, 2016, 08:00 PM
Im not on my lubuntu system at present but I think the volume icon is in the "Notification area" applet in the panel.

I will try to boot to it shortly to double check that for you and report back.

wghay
August 11th, 2016, 10:18 AM
In the Panel Applets menu, there's an "Indicator applets" item within which there's a "Sound Menu" tickbox, which is ticked. No sign of a Volume Control menu item (such as appears in my LXLE 14.04 system), or of a "Notification area"...

Dennis N
August 12th, 2016, 12:24 AM
In the Panel Applets menu, there's an "Indicator applets" item within which there's a "Sound Menu" tickbox, which is ticked. No sign of a Volume Control menu item (such as appears in my LXLE 14.04 system), or of a "Notification area"...

Lubuntu's default volume control is a panel applet, not an indicator applet.

Panel Settings > Panel Applets > Add > Volume Control.

Sound Menu is an indicator applet, but you have to install it, not just tick the box. When I tried it once in Lubuntu 14.04 I remember that the theming would not match the panel, so I abandoned that effort.

wghay
August 12th, 2016, 01:45 PM
Ah yes, I see it now - many thanks!

ajgreeny
August 12th, 2016, 08:37 PM
Great! Please mark as SOLVED from the Thread Tools menu up-top. It is a great help to users searching the forum.