PDA

View Full Version : 16.04 Disable Auto Resize Windows

name5
August 4th, 2016, 01:47 AM
The 14.04 solution apparently does not carry through to 16.04. The bug of windows automatically resizing themselves despite the size the user picks has reappeared. I cannot make the windows the size that I want as they continually snap to either edge of the screen. How do I prevent distorting the window size that I select? For example, if I bring a window to the upper right corner of the screen, it goes to full size. The same occurs with the upper left. If I bring a window to the right or left edge, it expands to half screen. This was difficult to fix in 14.04 and it is disappointing that the fixes apparently broke in 16.04.

mc4man
August 4th, 2016, 03:05 AM
No bug here, just disable the grid plugin in ccsm (- compizconfig-settings-manager

coleman-rik
August 31st, 2016, 06:52 PM
I think there just might be. I'm running gnome 3 under Ubuntu 16.04 and I can't get it to stop resizing windows that get too close to the edges or top...
:confused:

I've checked the CompizConfig Settings Manager and the grid plugin isn't enabled.

deadflowr
August 31st, 2016, 08:21 PM
Hmm, gnome3, you mean gnome shell?
compizconfig-settings manager would normally be more or less useless then.
Since shell doesn't use compiz by default.
You might try:

[gsettings get org.gnome.shell.overrides edge-tiling
if it shows true then reset it to false with:

gsettings set org.gnome.shell.overrides edge-tiling false

or install dconf-editor and toggle down to the org gnome shell overrides page and toggle true/false there.
I would also think that there would be a setting for this in gnome-tweak-tool or whatever it's called in 16.04.

coleman-rik
August 31st, 2016, 08:42 PM
Yes, gnome shell in gnome 3.

Thanks, that seems to have done the trick.

Seems like an awful place to bury something seemingly simple.