PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Bumblebee has left resolution too big after uninstall

marina6
July 29th, 2016, 03:06 AM
Hello! I just installed Lubuntu on my previously-XP laptop today after much waiting, and I have an issue related to Bumblebee.

Here are some of my specs:
HP 311-1000 Mini
Processor: 2x Intel Atom CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz
Operating System: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
OpenGL Renderer: ION LE/integrated/SSE2
Graphics: nVidia ION LE 1300 n270
RAM: 3GB (up from 1GB as of today--woohoo!)

It was all going really well but the GPU was running kind of hot (something I expected), so I decided to install Bumblebee.

After the install I rebooted and came to a screen resolution that was way too big and very shoddy looking, and it didn't help the temperature, so considering my inexperience I decided to take it back off. It's back to normal except that the resolution is stuck somewhere in the 6 or 800s, even though my card's configuration panel (nVidia X Server Settings) says it's at its normal 1366x768.
Also, some text fields (like on drop-down menus) are just black blocks. The only other noteworthy thing is now when I boot up, a screen with nVidia's icon pops up for a second or two. That's new.

I uninstalled the whole package but I'm really new to this whole Linux thing and I'm not sure what to do. Am I not taking a piece of Bumblebee off properly? How can I return this to normal?

Thank you so much for any help.