PDA

View Full Version : Minor Interface Suggestion for Unity

mathuhenry2
July 20th, 2016, 05:50 PM
I would like to suggest the following tweak for future versions of Unity
Unity is my favorite interface. There just one thing that annoys me. The close/minimize/maximize buttons of a full-screen window is tucked behind the launcher. This is an eye-sore and it places the close button directly next to the launcher, causing windows to frequently be unintentionally closed.
Please run the launcher bar all the way to the top (looks cleaner) and separate the close button to the right-side of the bar. This isolates the close button from everything else so it won't be hit on accident. For full-screen windows, put the close button to the right of the system toolbar. To access the toolbar, I can click anywhere on the toolbar and go to the item of interest. To close the window, I can just jam the pointer to the corner. This arrangement prevents any accidental proximity clicks from haveing negative consequences and I believe it looks much better.

Please consider this suggestion.

QIII
July 20th, 2016, 06:29 PM
Hello!

This is a user support forum. It is populated by users such as yourself. None of us are employed by Canonical and none of us are Canonical developers.

If you want to make a suggestion to the developers, this is not the place for it.

Please consider making your suggestion on the following mailing list as a start: ubuntu-devel-discuss@lists.ubuntu.com

Cheers.

mathuhenry2
August 4th, 2016, 01:45 PM
Thanks!