PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Wasup with the ubuntu repos?

uRock
July 17th, 2016, 04:08 PM
Hi all,

I am doing multiple installations of ubuntu, one at a time, and while running updates I am only getting ~75kbps download speeds.

Anyone else having this issue?

Cheers & Beers,
uRock

PaulW2U
July 17th, 2016, 04:18 PM
I am doing multiple installations of ubuntu, one at a time, and while running updates I am only getting ~75kbps download speeds.
I'm running both Ubuntu 16.04 and 16.10 here and updating using the UK or main repositories. I'm not seeing a problem with regards to the speed of downloading updates.

I'm thinking that may be you're seeing something that is only affecting your mirror of choice?

QDR06VV9
July 17th, 2016, 04:19 PM
I'm running both Ubuntu 16.04 and 16.10 here and updating using the UK or main repositories. I'm not seeing a problem with regards to the speed of downloading updates.

I'm thinking that may be you're seeing something that is only affecting your mirror of choice?

I am also OK with speed....Also have sever set to "Main" here.

uRock
July 17th, 2016, 04:30 PM
That's odd, but good. I feared there may be something going on with the repos. Maybe just something going on with VBox. I am starting another install. Will see if it happens with this one.

Edit: Seems to have been an issue for the install in VirtualBox. Marking as solved.

Incarnadine
July 17th, 2016, 06:47 PM
I know this thread is marked as "solved," but I thought this bit of information would be helpful.

While updating multiple OS X machines at work, I noticed that my bandwidth became heavily throttled around 25% of completion. I contacted my network team and they said the Apple servers are notorious for doing that when detecting a lot of activity coming from one IP. Maybe the Ubuntu repository is doing the same thing?

uRock
July 18th, 2016, 01:40 AM
That's good to know. Thanks!