PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Bios is missing

vel2
July 13th, 2016, 09:29 AM
I have samsung laptop NP300E5X-S04RU with windows 7. I wanted to try set Ubuntu as the secondary OS, but after installing i have lost the grub. Then i decided to install only Ubuntu without Windows, after that a can't enter to my Bios, i want install another distribution of linux like Ubuntu Mate or smth else, every time when i try enter the Bios (with F2 key, Del and others) nothing is happens. Please help me solve the problem.

sudodus
July 13th, 2016, 10:12 AM
Welcome to the Ubuntu Forums :-)

I don't know which key it should be, but found F2 in links to similar Samsung computers. Sometimes the UEFI menu is reached via the Escape key. Try to read whatever documentation (paper, on-line etc), and ask the company, where you bought the computer, or test all keys you can think of.

Sometimes you must press that key at once or during boot/reboot, a long continuous key-press, sometimes you must tap the key repeatedly (maybe twice per second) in order to issue a signal in a narrow time interval. These methods are different between computers, and you must find the way for your particular computer.

-o-

If you still cannot get into your UEFI/BIOS menu, you can [try to] install Ubuntu into the computer without getting into that menu.

You can remove the internal drive (hard disk drive or SSD), connect it to another computer, and install a basic Ubuntu system into it without any proprietary drivers. In most cases (but not all) an installed Ubuntu system is portable, so it is likely to work, when you move the internal drive back to your problematic Samsung computer.

vel2
July 13th, 2016, 10:34 AM
In this case the weird thing because before this i entered to my bios through F2 key.

sudodus
July 13th, 2016, 11:09 AM
- Have you tried to press it immediately after booting/rebooting or even at the same time as you boot (turn on the power).

- Have you tried to remove the battery and wait 10 minutes, press the power button, move the battery back, and try again with F2 when you boot?

- Have you tried tapping F2 repeatedly?

vel2
July 13th, 2016, 11:35 AM
- Have you tried to press it immediately after booting/rebooting or even at the same time as you boot (turn on the power).

- Have you tried to remove the battery and wait 10 minutes, press the power button, move the battery back, and try again with F2 when you boot?

- Have you tried tapping F2 repeatedly?

No i'm not, but i'll try, thanks a lot.