PDA

View Full Version : Lubuntu 14.04 alternative install "freezes" after Keyboard Detection

hugo37
June 23rd, 2016, 04:30 AM
Hello all,

I'm totally new to Ubuntu or Linux at all.

I'm trying to install Lubuntu 14.04 with the alternative install (from CD). It seems to begin just fine, right after I set up the keyboard correctly, it says "analyzing CD-ROM", it goes up to 100% and then just shows the blue background with the gray line on the bottom, where I can write text (commands?) and nothing else happens, it just hangs on that screen, its all blue, no text, nothing, nothing happens. I've waited more than 15 minutes and no changes. According to the guide on this page: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Documentation/AlternateInstall , I get to step number 6. "Wait.", but after waiting more than 15 minutes, nothing happens. Can anyone help me? My computer specs are the following:

"Microsoft Windows XP
Profesional
Versión 2002
Service Pack 2

AMD Duron(tm)
1.26 GHz, 368 MB de RAM"

I've already run the memory test and its all good. I've also run the "defective disc" check and its good. I've also tried installing with the "noapic" and "nolapic" checked, but still have same problem. ¿Could it be some problem with the hard drive? (The reason I'm trying to install this OS is because the version of WinXP that this HD has seems to be corrupted.

I hope anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

hugo37
June 23rd, 2016, 04:37 AM
Sorry, I take back what I posted, with the "noapic" and "nolapic" and the "apic=off" checked, after waiting about 15 to 20 minutes, it worked.