PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Upgrading to Ubuntu 16.04 Stalled

cobalt2
June 8th, 2016, 05:38 AM
While upgrading to Ubuntu 16.04, the program informed me that it wants to edit the grub configuration file and asked what I want to do with it. I selected review the changes. After reviewing the changes, I went back to the menu and selected launch a new shell to examine the changes. Then debconf was not responding so I killed the process. Now the installation has stalled. What do I do next? How do I get the installation to resume?

cobalt2
June 8th, 2016, 07:29 AM
I was able to to continue the installation by exiting sudo. I received this error:

Could not install 'grub-efi-ia32'

The upgrade will continue but the 'grub-efi-ia32' package may not be in a working state. Please consider submitting a bug report about it.

Then the installer asked me again if I want to allow the grub configuration file to be edited. I selected keep the existing grub configuration file.

The installation continues. Then I receive this error at the end of installation:

Could not install the upgrades

The upgrade has aborted. Your system could be in an unusable state. A recovery will run now (dpkg --configure -a).

Is it safe for me to restart the computer? Is there anything that needs to be done to fix this upgrade?

cobalt2
June 8th, 2016, 09:32 AM
I restarted and now everything is working okay.