PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] autologin security issue!

cmcanulty
June 7th, 2016, 08:37 PM
One of the computers I upgraded from xubuntu 14.04 to 16.04 keeps doing autologin to the wrong user. This is a library and I don't want the admin account to be set to autologin. I have set it to the other user in "users and groups" and have it set correctly in /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/60-lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf but it still always reboots to the admin account. I really need this fixed before some patron gets into our system files

kansasnoob
June 8th, 2016, 03:59 AM
Have a look in "/etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf". Just as an example here's mine with root user set to auto-login:

lance@lance-amd-desktop:~$ cat /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
[Seat:*]
autologin-guest=false
autologin-user=lance
autologin-user-timeout=0

Of course if I wanted the guest user account to auto-login I'd set 'autologin-user' to false instead of lance, and I'd set 'autologin-guest' to true.

I don't use Xubuntu so don't know why it's not working from GUI, or even how to do it with that DE :(

cmcanulty
June 8th, 2016, 09:57 AM
my file sequence is diffent see the screenshots

kansasnoob
June 8th, 2016, 03:39 PM
Please read:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LightDM

LightDM configuration is provided by the following files:

/usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/*.conf
/etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/*.conf
/etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf

System provided configuration is stored in /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/*.conf and is not user editable. System administrators can override this configuration in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/*.conf and /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf. Files are read in the above order and combined together to make the LightDM configuration.