PDA

View Full Version : Clear Liquid?

echotech2
June 3rd, 2016, 11:49 AM
Due to the heat (31C/88F) and humidity (feels like 40C/104F) here in Southern Ontario we are constantly being reminded to "Stay hydrated, drink plenty of clear liquids". This disqualifies fruit juices, colas, beer and many other liquids.

I'm not a fan of the local tap water, so my question is: Gin over crushed ice or vodka from the freezer?

grahammechanical
June 3rd, 2016, 12:50 PM
Only if the sun is over the yardarm or if it is shaken and not stirred.

ventrical
June 3rd, 2016, 12:57 PM
Down here in Windsor Castle ;) Stay out of the sun.

Regards..

vasa1
June 3rd, 2016, 01:08 PM
Due to the heat (31C/88F) and humidity (feels like 40C/104F) here in Southern Ontario we are constantly being reminded to "Stay hydrated, drink plenty of clear liquids". This disqualifies fruit juices, colas, beer and many other liquids.

I'm not a fan of the local tap water, so my question is: Gin over crushed ice or vodka from the freezer?

But you need plenty ;)

HermanAB
June 3rd, 2016, 08:58 PM
It sure doesn't sound like particularly good advice: Vodka, gin, paint thinner, kerosene, methanol...

QIII
June 3rd, 2016, 09:11 PM
I'd still take my chances with beer, which is a good deal cheaper than vodka or paint thinner.

SurfaceUnits
June 3rd, 2016, 11:25 PM
Gin only if the ice is imported

bashiergui
June 4th, 2016, 01:38 AM
I'm not a fan of the local tap water, so my question is: Gin over crushed ice or vodka from the freezer?Gin & vodka are clear but so are Patron, Everclear, rum, and Zima :D

SantaFe
June 4th, 2016, 08:36 AM
Coke or Sprite Zero. With Diabetes, sugar's a no-no. ;)

echotech2
June 4th, 2016, 09:33 AM
Gin & vodka are clear but so are Patron, Everclear, rum, and Zima :D

I indulged in some (OK, probably too much) Everclear in my younge days. Never again!

echotech2
June 4th, 2016, 09:36 AM
Only if the sun is over the yardarm or if it is shaken and not stirred.

So if I buy a sailboat, go out onto the lake on a windy day with some good waves it should be pretty easy to get the sun over the yardarm and get well shaken.

echotech2
June 4th, 2016, 09:38 AM
But you need plenty ;)

Plenty is assumed, it's Friday.

echotech2
June 4th, 2016, 09:39 AM
It sure doesn't sound like particularly good advice: Vodka, gin, paint thinner, kerosene, methanol...

Vodka and gin I have, the rest I don't.

echotech2
June 4th, 2016, 09:44 AM
Gin only if the ice is imported

I ordered 2 kilos of supposedly genuine Siberian ice. It took a week to get here and all I got was a plastic bag of water. I have an ongoing complaint filed with the seller for false advertising.