PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Shrink a window vertically in Mate without access to bottom edge

Robert_Hampf
June 2nd, 2016, 09:58 PM
I'm trying to install a program but i can only see the upper part of the installer window because it is much higher than the viewport. How can I shrink the window vertically without access to the bottom edge? In some other DE you could right click on the upper edge of the window and resize it from there.

QDR06VV9
June 2nd, 2016, 10:15 PM
In the panel you will see what is opened right click on the offending application and choose to move it or resize it.
Screenshot included

mcduck
June 3rd, 2016, 11:12 AM
Try Alt-middle mouse button (or possibly Super+middle mouse button) which are common shortcuts for resizing window from any point inside the window rather than from the edges. I'd be surprised if Mate doesn't support either one.

In case the window can't be resized, Alt(or Super)+left mouse button should allow you to move it, so you could access the rest of the window that way. Pretty helpful shrtcut for dealing with low-resolution displays, for example,a s you often run into settings dialogues and other things that have minimum size that's still too large for your display ;)

vasa1
June 3rd, 2016, 01:01 PM
IIRC, Mate comes with a variety of window managers. Which one are you using? Which program is this?

Robert_Hampf
June 3rd, 2016, 09:34 PM
Thank you all for your kind answers. The problem is now solved for me but I will save this page for future use.

oldrocker99
June 4th, 2016, 03:47 PM
Since your problem is solved, please mark the thread as [SOLVED].

Thanks.