PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] No software to purchase?

Omar_Jair
May 27th, 2016, 11:03 PM
Im currently using Ubuntu Xenial Xerus and everytime i switch to the purchase sections in the software center it shows nothing but a blank screen, i tried changing the download location, is there a way to fix this?269333

TheFu
May 28th, 2016, 12:25 AM
I've been running, using, and administrating Linux systems since the mid-1990s. Not once have I ever purchased any software for the system. In the Linux work, purchasing software isn't usually done.

We might purchase support for production systems, usually from redhat, but only enterprise software would need to be purchased, usually, and even that is changing more and more. I helped 3 small businesses learn to run on Ubuntu Server (actually about 15 servers) with ZERO license costs for all their needs.

OTOH, I support some gamers might want to pay for software - not my area of expertise.

What/which software are you looking to purchase?

Frogs Hair
May 28th, 2016, 02:09 AM
The app store is no longer maintained and Ubuntu Software has replaced the Software Center though the later is still available in 16.04.

pcworld.com/article/2974148/

The Software Center is two things. First, it’s a prettier interface to the standard apt-get package manager containing free, open-source software. Second, it’s an app store that sells paid, often proprietary, applications. That app store side is no longer being maintained.

Omar_Jair
May 28th, 2016, 03:16 AM
i think they forgot to remove the purchase option from there, thanks for the replies guys.