PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Is there a nice clock to put on the desktop

Acharn
May 26th, 2016, 01:15 PM
It looks like I'll be using Ubuntu 15.10 for a few days. I'm trying to set up my desktop for comfort, and one thing I had on my Windows 7 desktop that I liked was a clock applet. The one I had looked almost like my Seiko wristwatch. I seem to remember from several years ago there were clocks you could install in X, but I can't seem to find them now. Suggestions? I like the Swiss railway clock, but don't like having to open up a terminal every time I boot up to start it.

sudodus
May 26th, 2016, 02:02 PM
You can put the clock in autostart.

There are really many different versions and flavours of clocks, and many of them are in the repositories, so they are easy to install. xdaliclock is one example. oclock and xclock are simple analog clocks. I have seen the Swiss railway clock too, and there are screenlet clocks ...

Frogs Hair
May 26th, 2016, 10:16 PM
There is cairo-clock in the repository which includes a number of themes. There are more themes available @ Gnome-Look.org . To enter properties and change theme just right click the clock face.

Acharn
May 27th, 2016, 03:23 AM
"You can put the clock in autostart."
Ah. I forgot about that. I keep going back to Windows because I'm addicted to one game which won't run in Wine (at least not yet), but I like Ubuntu.