PDA

View Full Version : Hello World! What kinds of resources have been released for the OS prototyper?

micaiahf777
May 22nd, 2016, 05:09 AM
I've been working on an experimental OS concept, and I'd like to use Ubuntu as a base for the prototype. Its been awhile since I've delved (last OS of Ubuntu I've worked on was 14.04) to the world of Open-source development, and I'm trying to get a feel for what's currently out there. If anyone has information on these types of existing libraries/assets, please answer:

An HTML5 web canvas library that can be routed to serve as the UI framework (or maybe there's already an HTML5-based UI framework out there that I can learn from)
Alternatives to Beowulf clustering (collecting inventory on similar processes in order to see if something newer might be a better fit for my purposes, low latency preferred)
Any new low-level optimization techniques. I am currently aware of the utilization of a RAMDISK and Preload.
Any deep-learning development kits that might have been released out from under my nose. I intend to experiment with a driver-building AI to facilitate at least minor functionality to unknown/unsupported hardware.
Any and all help is appreciated. The results of the prototype will be released to the open-source community (duh), and hopefully my tiny team can get bigger!