PDA

View Full Version : Ubiquity not create user

bradley51253
May 21st, 2016, 10:57 PM
I create my own distro for school computer and everything is good but ubiquity installer not create user :/

I try to edit casper.conf file and lightdm but it doesn't help me ;/

Maybe my live user is badly create or group/privilages is bad. After installation Live user not delete and new user from form in ubiquity not created.
When I run files from /usr/lib/ubiquity/user-setup/ nothing execute.

My code to create live users:

adduser liveuser
adduser liveuser sudo
adduser liveuser admin
sudo usermod -aG sudo liveuser
usermod -s /bin/bash liveuser
chmod 555 /etc/hostname
chmod 555 /etc/hosts
chown liveuser:liveuser -R /home/liveuser
echo "%liveuser ALL=(ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers

And casper.conf file shows like:

USERNAME=liveuser
USERFULLNAME="Live session user"
HOST=live
BUILD_SYSTEM=Custom

Additionally: The line HOST=live must be equal file hostname?

Can you help me to repair ubiquity user create ?

dpaulat
May 21st, 2016, 11:21 PM
The live user should only be applicable when running from the LiveCD. Have you rebooted from the hard drive?

grahammechanical
May 22nd, 2016, 12:08 AM
Are you using the OEM installation method?

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ubuntu_OEM_Installer_Overview

System Restart
After rebooting the system you will automatically log in with the temporary oem user.

Configuration
Now you can install additional software, drivers or configure the system as desired. When you're done doing that click on the Prepare for shipping to end user icon on the desktop.This removes the oem user on next boot.

End User's First Boot

Once the computer was shipped to the end user and he finally boots for the first time he will be taken to the system setup wizard where he will be able to set his location, keyboard layout, user name etc.

bradley51253
May 22nd, 2016, 09:52 AM
Are you using the OEM installation method?

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ubuntu_OEM_Installer_Overview

No, I'm not using this method because at first i need run live version.

Boot option which I try:

label SchoolSystem
menu label SchoolSystem
menu default
kernel /casper/vmlinuz
append initrd=/casper/initrd.lz boot=casper

label SchoolSystem
menu label SchoolSystem
menu default
kernel /casper/vmlinuz
append initrd=/casper/initrd.lz boot=casper config quiet

label SchoolSystem
menu label SchoolSystem
menu default
kernel /casper/vmlinuz
append boot=casper persistent initrd=/casper/initrd.lz quiet splash

label SchoolSystem
menu label SchoolSystem
menu default
kernel /casper/vmlinuz
append boot=casper noprompt ignore_uuid initrd=/casper/initrd.lz quiet splash ---

label SchoolSystem
menu label SchoolSystem
menu default
kernel /casper/vmlinuz
append boot=casper initrd=/casper/initrd.lz quiet splash ---

Any of this options not add user and not delete old (live) user after install :(

bradley51253
May 22nd, 2016, 01:15 PM
Does anyone have any idea? :)

bradley51253
May 23rd, 2016, 08:38 AM
help :confused:

danjde
January 24th, 2017, 08:38 AM
[..]

Any of this options not add user and not delete old (live) user after install :(

Hello Bradley,

I am in your same situation, with my own Ubuntu Gnome remix, Xenial based (for the previous Trusty based, the user creation works fine, but here I've used only JLivecd..)

Now (for the Xenial remix) I left from an Ubuntu Gnome iso and I've edit it using Cubic (https://launchpad.net/cubic) and then using JLivecd (https://github.com/neurobin/JLIVECD)
and now all works fine except for the Ubiquity user creation process.

Using Cubic I've made as you a custom user and delete the old "ubuntu-gnome" user and using JLivecd added new software and manually customized initrd.lz

I've ask to the Cubic team for a suggestion, without any reply and many time for any other questions to AskUbuntu without never never any answer/help.
I've write to some Ubuntu Live developer (also on Ubuntu Gnome mailing list), without never any reply.

My previous release was based on Fedora and then I remember that there was a greater collaboration with the developers. Just with "Ubuntu environment" I'm noticing a strange omerta.

In conclusion I still don't know how to fix the Ubiquity user creation problem, but if you want we can exchange our emails and keep in touch for future mutual help, which you don't get easily, how to see ...

ciao!