PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How can block my Track pad while write

Orlando_Curieles
May 15th, 2016, 05:21 PM
Hi, Recently i installed Ubuntu 16.04 on my Dell Inspiron 5559, is working great, i don't see any messages saying this program have a error and closed :) but when i write my touch pad continue working and lost the cursor, this computer have a big touchpad but cannot found a option to block the touch pad.

Thanks in advise.

vasa1
May 15th, 2016, 05:31 PM
See if https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Mouse#Touchpad_settings helps.

Orlando_Curieles
May 15th, 2016, 06:18 PM
Thanks for your answer, i try this option
syndaemon -d -t
But don't work :(

sudodus
May 15th, 2016, 06:29 PM
In standard Ubuntu you can use this method:

Click on the icon with the cog wheel and wrench.

Click on Mouse & Touchpad

and you arrive at a window like the attached screenshot.

You can turn off (and on again) by clicking on the 'button ON' at the right side, or you can fine-tune with the other options, for example turn off 'Tap to click' and 'Two finger scroll'.

Orlando_Curieles
May 15th, 2016, 07:42 PM
Thanks for your answer but i don't wanna turn off my touch pad, I just want turn off while i write

Regards

sudodus
May 15th, 2016, 07:47 PM
Try if it is enough to turn off 'Tap to click' and 'Two finger scroll' :-)

Orlando_Curieles
May 16th, 2016, 02:28 AM
Yes, you are right, turning off the two finger scroll don't move the mouse pointer while write, but i like the two finger scroll, because i come from mac :D .. is a bug ?

sudodus
May 16th, 2016, 05:41 AM
I'm usually not running standard Ubuntu. Most of the time I'm running Lubuntu, where the syndaemon command works:

syndaemon -d

I think it works in Xubuntu too. But I think the program in the graphical user interface over-rules such simple command lines in standard Ubuntu. Let us hope someone who uses standard Ubuntu regularly knows how to fix this problem for you :-)

Keith_Helms
May 28th, 2016, 10:19 AM
I had a similar problem with the touchpad doing things I didn't want while I was typing. I have a startup script that configures the touchpad and sets the palmdetect options to prevent that.

#!/bin/bash

/usr/bin/synclient PalmDetect=1
/usr/bin/synclient PalmMinWidth=5
/usr/bin/synclient RTCornerButton=0
/usr/bin/synclient RBCornerButton=0
/usr/bin/synclient ClickFinger1=0
/usr/bin/synclient ClickFinger2=0
/usr/bin/synclient VertEdgeScroll=0
/usr/bin/synclient HorizEdgeScroll=0
/usr/bin/synclient VertTwoFingerScroll=0