PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] display settings reversed in multiple display

dbb632
May 13th, 2016, 03:17 PM
I have a Dell Inspiron 660. I have previously installed a Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS video card. I have 2 monitors in my setup. On one occasion I turned off the PC, then later re-booted kubuntu (Plasma 5) and found my desktop screen was on the wrong monitor. In order to correct this I had to go in to display settings and choose the monitor I did not want the desktop to show up on to be the primary display. Now it works the way I want it to except with the annoyance of reverse display settings. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

theadams80
May 15th, 2016, 09:14 AM
Ive had a couple solutions to this. 1. It was not obvious to me, but you can drag the monitor arrangements around. Select a monitor under Settings->Displays. 2. I have just swapped cables. 3. If you are using Nvidia drivers. Do step one in the Nvidia settings. Hope that helps.

dbb632
May 25th, 2016, 04:48 PM
UPDATE: It was running fine until 10:35 AM EST today. I had turned off my PC. I returned 10 mins later to turn it back on and the display settings were reversed again. This is getting annoying now

dbb632
May 29th, 2016, 03:56 PM
UPDATE: Now the display is getting worse. I may have to look into a new vid card as now the toolbar sometimes shows up on the incorrect screen but the wallpapers stay as they are. The only way I see to set it correctly is to choose the incorrect monitor as the main display in settings. I should have stated earlier but I am running Kubuntu 16.04 with Plasma 5

dbb632
June 24th, 2016, 05:20 PM
Issue is still crazy. I can log off then log right back in and wallpapers, panels, and widgets have crossed over to the incorrect monitors. I am beginning to suspect issues with Nvidia cards and the new Plasma 5