PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Desktop Menus Broken On Upgrade From 14.04 -> 16.04

CharlesT423
May 13th, 2016, 12:53 PM
Hello,

I upgraded my desktop running Ubuntu + LXDE (Lubuntu session) tonight and it seems to have broken my menus. The menu button is empty (other than the Logout and Run entries) and if I try to add a launcher button to the panel it fails to generate an application list. I also tried running Alacarte to edit the menus but get the following error:

/usr/share/alacarte/Alacarte/MainWindow.py:22: PyGIWarning: GMenu was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('GMenu', '3.0') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
from gi.repository import Gtk, GdkPixbuf, Gdk, GMenu

(alacarte:18061): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_accel_label_set_accel_closure: assertion 'gtk_accel_group_from_accel_closure (accel_closure) != NULL' failed

(alacarte:18061): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_accel_label_set_accel_closure: assertion 'gtk_accel_group_from_accel_closure (accel_closure) != NULL' failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/alacarte", line 26, in <module>
main()
File "/usr/share/alacarte/Alacarte/MainWindow.py", line 464, in main
app.setMenuBasename(basename)
File "/usr/share/alacarte/Alacarte/MainWindow.py", line 62, in setMenuBasename
self.editor = MenuEditor(menu_basename)
File "/usr/share/alacarte/Alacarte/MenuEditor.py", line 36, in __init__
self.load()
File "/usr/share/alacarte/Alacarte/MenuEditor.py", line 49, in load
if not self.tree.load_sync():
GLib.Error: g-io-error-quark: Failed to look up menu_file for "lapplications.menu"
(0)

If I login with a test user things seem to work fine, so it seems to just be a problem with something in my user settings. Does anyone know how to diagnose this other than "delete .local and .config and start from scratch"?

CharlesT423
May 14th, 2016, 08:34 AM
Just replying to myself in case anyone else runs into this issue. The problem seems to be that the desktop menus changed from the l- prefix to lxde-. To fix it edit ~/.config/lxsession/Lubuntu/desktop.conf and change menu_prefix=l- to menu_prefix=lxde- in the [Environment] block.