PDA

View Full Version : unable to modify top bar transaparency using activities configurator extension

acetech
May 9th, 2016, 08:19 AM
The transparency of top bar in my Gnome shell 3.18.2 cant be varied through the activities configurator (version 44) gnome shell extension. There is no effect of the transparency slider on the transparency of the panel.
My system configuration is ubuntu gnome 16.04 LTS, with arc theme. The screen shots are attached for easy reference.

jim_deadlock
May 9th, 2016, 11:02 AM
I have a different theme and it works fine for me on 16.04 + 3.18.4 + solid background colour. You might try upgrading gnome-shell and/or contacting the author if it's conflicting with a particular theme, or it may just be that the transparency doesn't work with background images.

acetech
May 9th, 2016, 05:17 PM
Thank you. It works with the default theme, yes the transparency level varies. seems the problem is with Arc theme. But still with the option override user theme it doesn't works with arc theme. Is it the problem with the theme or with the gnome-shell extension. Any workarounds to make it work with arc theme.